By Jesse Bastide, Stockholm, Sweden
At the end of November, I had the pleasure of interviewing Ken Lubin. Since Ken is no slouch when it comes to the writing department, I’ll let him introduce himself right now.
“I am an Executive Athlete, Executive Recruiter, father and husband who loves to push the limits of physical and mental endurance. I love to see what the body and mind can achieve and intentionally put myself in difficult circumstances.” -http://www.mudandadventure.com/2013-death-race-recap-by-ken-lubin-tied-for-winner/
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll learn if you read this entire interview:
- What to do when you dislocate your shoulder 20 feet in the air in the middle of an adventure race.
- The most bizarre and hardcore sports “quitting” story you’ve ever heard.
- The “extreme suffering” method for making friends for life… in under forty hours.
- How to train for grueling events 10 times longer than a marathon without getting a divorce or losing touch with your kids.
- Suburban “Paul Bunyan” training that could land you in jail if you’re not careful.
- The “slippery slope” weight loss method. (SPOILER: It’s a motivation thing!)
- How to turn being “not the most gifted” into a massive athletic advantage.